- May 10, 2017
- Posted by: Kaushal Kumar
- Category: VICIdial, VICIdial for Managers, VICIdial Troubleshooting
This tutorials explains different tools and steps to access your VICIdial server via SSH.
There are several windows utilities out there that allows you to access your VICidial server via SSH. Here, I will explain the three best utilities (in random order) to access VICidial server via SSH.
(1) Putty: PuTTY is an SSH and telnet client, developed originally by Simon Tatham for the Windows platform. PuTTY is open source software that is available with source code and is developed and supported by a group of volunteers. You can download it here.
(2) Bitvise SSH Client: Bitvise SSH Client is an SSH and SFTP client for Windows. It is developed and supported professionally by Bitvise. The SSH Client is robust, easy to install, easy to use, and supports all features supported by PuTTY, as well as the following:
- graphical SFTP file transfer;
- single-click Remote Desktop tunneling;
- auto-reconnecting capability;
- dynamic port forwarding through an integrated proxy;
- an FTP-to-SFTP protocol bridge.
Bitvise SSH Client is free to use. You can download it here.
(3) MobaXterm: MobaXterm is your ultimate toolbox for remote computing. In a single Windows application, it provides loads of functions that are tailored for programmers, webmasters, IT administrators and pretty much all users who need to handle their remote jobs in a more simple fashion.
MobaXterm provides all the important remote network tools (SSH, X11, RDP, VNC, FTP, MOSH, …) and Unix commands (bash, ls, cat, sed, grep, awk, rsync, …) to Windows desktop, in a single portable exe file which works out of the box.
You can download and use MobaXterm Home Edition for free. If you want to use it inside your company, you should consider subscribing to MobaXterm Professional Edition: this will give you access to much more features, professional support and “Customizer” software. It can be downloaded from here.